When you come to Buena Onda Beach Resort, you become one with nature. Each night you’ll fall asleep to the sound of breaking waves, each morning you’ll wake up to the sweet songs of birds. Our area is not just a surfer’s paradise, but also a playground for all sort of outdoor enthusiasts.
See below for just a few examples of our Buena Onda style activities:
- Horseback ride along the beach and hills with a local guide
- Stroll along the beach at sunset
- Watch sea turtles come ashore in their hundreds at Chaccocente Nature Reserve
- Bathe in the natural hot springs nearby
- Use our own private beachfront mini-halfpipe, we provide boards and pads
- Rent a bicycle to take a tour through our neighboring towns and salt flats
- Rent a fishing pole to try your luck casting off the shore
- Snorkel with tropical fish along reef and rock
- Hike through nearby Mango groves nearly 100 years old (be sure to look up for howler monkeys!)
- Take a Yoga class in the middle of a lush tropical garden
- Bird watch from a hilltop at dawn
- Spend the entire day reading in your hammock
- play one of our many board games with a fellow traveler
We’ll also be your source for insight and tips on travelling to other areas in Nicaragua. Whether you want to experience the tourist hub of the Pacific coast, San Juan del Sur, visit the colonial gems of Granada and Leon, hike up a volcano on Isla Ometepe, explore the highlands of Matagalpa or get a taste of the Caribbean, we’ll help you plan the perfect excursion.